Meowy Janes Matatabi Chew Sticks
A great alternative to catnip that also helps maintain healthy teeth! Packed into the Meowy Jane Matatabi Sticks are natural essential oils that drive cats wild.
Gently rub off some bark of the stick to release the scents from the natural oils- then give it to your cat to enjoy. They will play, roll, rub, and have a blast!
All natural and hand-made in the USA by a small business.
20 in stock
These feline chew sticks feature silvervine, a powder-coated vine more potent form of the original Matatabi Chew Sticks.
The chew sticks are both a toy and a treat, promoting healthy teeth and gums for your cat.
Packed into the Silvervine Coated Matatabi Sticks are naturally occurring essential oils that drive cats wild. The added silvervine gall fruit powder makes these even more enticing than plain Matatabi sticks. Give one to your cat as is, or gently rub off a little bit of the powder and bark of the stick to release the scents from the natural oils- then give it to your cat to enjoy.
They will play, roll, rub, and have a blast!
What’s in the bag of cat chew sticks?
- The resealable bag is stuffed with nine Silvervine Powder Coated Matatabi sticks.
- All sticks are dried, unprocessed, and untreated vine segments, coated with our all-natural silvervine powder made by finely grinding the gall fruit of the silvervine plant.
- The “glue” to hold it all together is a non-toxic plant-based adhesive.
- Each stick is around 5 inches long and safe for cats to tear bits off during play.
What is Matatabi?
- The plant is native to the mountains of Japan and China and grows like ivy on trees and rocks. It is officially named Actinidia Polygama but is commonly called Silver Vine for the distinctive color of its leaves.
- Many cats react to Matatabi (the vine of the Silvervine plant) even if they show little interest in catnip. A 2017 scientific study found that 70 percent of cats reacted to catnip. However, more than 80 percent of cats had a reaction to silvervine, with many cats enjoying both!
- While Matatabi/ Silvervine is slowly becoming more well-known here in the United States, it is more prevalent in East Asia than traditional catnip!
|Dimensions||5 × 2.5 × 5 in|